Blessing Your Family, Blending
Do’s and Don’ts
- Don’t speak ill of your exes
- Don’t rehash old wounds
- Don’t air old, dirty laundry
- Don’t try to replace a child’s biological parent
- Don’t pit a child against the “other” parent
And some definitely Do’s. As best as each of you possibly can…
- Do forgive (and forget)
- Do give grace abundantly
- Do look for good in all parties and situations
- Do pray for each child and each parent/home
- Do keep each child’s best interests at heart
- Do keep each child’s lifelong purpose in mind
Oneness, “Maintaining a Both/And Marriage” in a Blended Family:
Passing Along these 31 Blessings and More
Our role as spouses, as parents, is to be love – to model love and good values. We are to nurture that love and goodness, and we are to pass it on – to our children, our family, and to the world around us. In my opinion, there is no greater truth or honor or privilege or legacy.
When you accept this role and set yourselves to Blessing Your Family, then you accept the role of steward. You take on the responsibility of caring for something that truly isn’t yours, something that is greater than you, something that will live on beyond you in so many ways.
With that perspective we might begin to see through a different lens the dynamics and variables and situations of our marriage and family relationships, whether Blending or traditional. When we uniquely “see a future” for our mate and for each of our children, then we can uniquely love them and bless them. We can show them genuine acceptance for who they really are, for the lifelong journey they have ahead of them (even if/when we pass on).
We can take on the role of preparing them to experience their life’s purpose, to experience love and goodness, so that they can model and pass that on as well.
In that light, is any past or drama or conflict greater than the future life and well-being of your marriage and your children? Is any pain or withheld forgiveness actually worth more than a future life of healthy living and love for your children and their children?
The Big Blend
Today’s “Dares and Prayers” shared in the video:
- Love Dare – “Encourages“
- Love Dare For Parents – “satisfied in God (alone)“
- Power of a Praying Husband, Pray for – “Her Sanctuary” /edj
- Resolution – “to be Faithful“
- 31 Days of Building Your Family Values, Bible App Devotions – “Thoughtful“
- The Smart Stepfamily – 7 Steps to a Healthy Family
- The Smart Stepfamily Marriage – Keys to Success in the Blended Family
Daily Resources and References
Special Thanks to Kendrick Brothers Productions for their books The Love Dare, The Love Dare for Parents, and The Resolution for Men. You can check out their movies, books etc on their site. Their site recommends a local church finder at:
For prayer from KLOVE Radio staff:
- Positive, Encouraging K-LOVE Radio – Submit a Prayer Request
- “You can also call [the] prayer line at 800-525-5683”
Organizations to Bless Your Family
If today’s topic resonated with you please leave a question, or share something positive that is working for you in the comment section below.
Here’s to your family’s “purpose-filled and on-target day”!
God Bless You and Yours!
Oh, and just for fun – be careful in a blended family not to mis-read that situation…